AMERICAE is looking for an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Editorial Intern to join our team. This person will assist in capturing the beauty of essence of AMERICAE’s inspirations and have an unparalleled opportunity to be on the ground floor of a new fashion brand and e-commerce site.
A day will include interpreting the vision, personality, and creativity of the brand for public consumption.
You will work directly with the Creative Director and Art Director.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
The ideal candidate will uphold the visual consistency of AMERICAE’s architectural and artistic aesthetic, while supporting and contributing to the creation of a variety of deliverables. The intern will assist in the mockup and design of social media ads, email or Instagram campaigns, photo editing, and assist in the editorial direction of photoshoots.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable executing design projects across a range of media.
Photoshoots are extremely important for any fashion brand and the Editorial Intern will play a pivotal role in the research, development, and execution of creative photoshoots.
Lastly, the intern will also work with the Editorial team to maintain and update the social media calendar (Instagram, Tiktok, Facebook, Spotify, Twitter, Pinterest) and be responsible for researching creative editorial digital marketing inspiration across industries.
What we are looking for:
You have people and professional skills and an understanding of how to conduct yourself in a professional workplace setting. This is a highly selective internship. It is hands-on and few people join our internship program each season.
- Currently enrolled in a graphic design photography or related program
- Strong interest and/or a background in fashion
- Passion for learning and understanding what makes customers excited
- Entrepreneurial mindset and superb ability to multitask
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to self-manage and complete tasks in a fast-paced and fluid work environment
- Great communication skills
- Positive attitude and team player
- Exceptional work ethic
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills quickly and efficiently
- Skilled with Photoshop, Illustrator, or After Effects
- Comfortable learning new platforms, such as Facebook’s Spark AR
- Passion for the AMERICAE brand
What will help you stand out:
- A developed personal social media presence
- A strong portfolio
This position offers the below:
- SEPTA fare
- School credits
To qualify for our internship program you must:
- Be available for a minimum of 3 days per week
- Be available for a full semester or 3-4 month commitment
- Must be enrolled as a current student
Please state your availability when turning in your resume, cover letter, and references.
Internship is available in the fall, summer, or spring semesters.
To apply, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Submit a resume
- Submit a cover letter. Please include your favorite fashion brands and why, name an AMERICAE Woman and why you think she represents our brand
- Portfolio of work
- Please include 1-2 references
AMERICAE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.