AMERICAE is looking for an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Design Intern to join our team. This person will assist in the production and design of AMERICAE’s apparel and accessories and must be able to interpret the vision, personality, and creativity of the brand as it relates to product design.
You will work directly with the Creative Director and Art Director.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in concept and research development for seasonal deliveries
- Update line sheets and facilitate work flow as needed
- Create flat mechanical and hand sketches for presentation boards and tech packs
- Review sketches with design leaders and create tech packs
- Attend fittings and keep records as related to updated styles and tech packs
- Assist in the sourcing and approval of fabric samples, lab dips, strike-offs and other development materials
- Coordinate communication with fabric mills or manufacturing partners, as needed
- Evaluate and maintain fabric or design files and records
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining periodicals, artwork, garments and trims
- Performs additional duties and assignments, as requested
What we are looking for:
You have people and professional skills and an understanding of how to conduct yourself in a professional workplace setting. This is a highly selective internship. It is hands-on and few people join our internship program each season.
- Major in Fashion Design or a related field
- Effective project management skills
- Passion for learning and understanding what makes customers excited
- Entrepreneurial mindset and superb ability to multitask
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to self-manage and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Great communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Exceptional work ethic
- Working knowledge of Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Gmail, Slack
- Working knowledge of other luxury brands and competitors in the market
- Passion for the AMERICAE brand
What will help you stand out:
- A developed personal social media presence
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop is a plus
This position offers the below:
- SEPTA fare
- School credits
To qualify for our internship program you must:
- Be available for a minimum of 3 days per week
- Be available for a full semester or 3-4 month commitment
- Must be enrolled as a current student
Please state your availability when turning in your resume, cover letter, and references.
Internship is available in the fall, summer, or spring semesters.
To apply, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Submit a resume
- Submit a cover letter. Please include your favorite fashion brands and why, name an AMERICAE Woman and why you think she represents our brand
- Design portfolio
- Please include 1-2 references
AMERICAE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.